Here are some period symptoms and signs that you should get worried about.
PERIOD SYMPTOMS – These are some signs and symptoms that a woman may experience which will need immediate medical attention.
Having a period that occurs every month to a woman is a natural part of her monthly cycle. The number of days menstruating varies from person to person. Your diet, stress, and exercise can bring some changes to your cycle because the glands for balancing the hormones are affected by the said factors.
A regular period comes every 24 to 38 days and it will be irregular if some changes took place. While some changes like occasional fluctuations happen normally, there are some other signs and symptoms that are actually indicating something. And such must be checked by a medical expert.
Check out the signs and symptoms below that must be consulted to an expert:
- Periods longer than seven days or frequent changing of pads, like every one to two hours.
- Severe cramps.
- You suffer from dizziness, lightheadedness, weakness, or tiredness.
- During or post menstruation, you experience chest or difficulty in breathing.
- You get large blood clots.
- There’s spotting and bleeding apart from having your period.
- The cycles are shorter than 24 days or longer than 38 days.
- You didn’t had your period for three months even when you are pregnant or doing breastfeeding.
- Irregular cycles.
- You’re 15 and you don’t have period yet.
- You’re still experiencing bleeding even after menopause.
- The discharge looks uncommonly bad and it comes with a foul smell.
- You have high fevers during your period.
- You vomit or nauseating with your period.
According to a post from WebMD, before you get the diagnosis, the doctor will check your medical history and medications. She will also run some tests and examinations in order to determine what causes the abnormalities.
- Ways On How Your Personality Affects Your Health
- Color Of Menstruation: What Does The Color Of Your Period Mean?
What can you say about this? Let us know!