Facts & Benefits of “Monggo” / Mung Beans by Dr. Liza Ong
MONGGO – Doctor Liza Ramoso-Ong revealed the facts and benefits that we can get from eating mung beans.
Undeniably, one of the food that a lot of people with arthritis avoid is mung bean or more commonly called in the Philippines as “monggo”. It is believed that this bean can trigger the said painful joint condition.
However, that may actually not be true in some cases. Also, there is more that we can get from mung beans which are undeniably delicious to be added on viands. In a video, Dr. Liza Ong revealed the facts and benefits that the body can get from “monggo”.
Benefits of Mung Beans
- Powerhouse of antioxidants – Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6
- Good for growth because of its protein content
- Good for the eyes as it contains Vitamins A, C, and E
- Helps prevent menstrual period pain with its isoflavone content
- Good for the heart as it does not contain cholesterol
- Good for diabetic people as it has low glycemic index
- Helps achieve healthy weight loss
- Good for the kidney and liver as it contains globulin and albumin
- Helps fight aging due to its copper content
- Boosts memory and brain focus with its iron content
With regards to its association with arthritis, Doc Liza stressed that eating mung beans will only affect those who have gout. It is because of the purine content of the beans. Based on the post, in cooking monggo, you may add the following:
- Onion and Garlic – To get flavonoids and selenium to prevent cancer
- Ginger – For its anti-inflammatory properties
- Tomatoes – Contains Vitamins C, E, and K
- Leafy Vegetables – For additional nutrients
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.
READ ALSO: Vital Signs – How To Get Heart Rate & Respiratory Rate By Doc Willie Ong