What to do to lower blood pressure minus the medication?
Here are some of the few things you do to lower your high blood pressure without taking any medication.
High blood pressure or also called as hypertension is a condition associated to other diseases such as heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, and other problems. And worst, if left untreated and unnoticed, this can ultimately lead to death. Sometimes, this is called as the silent killer because you can have this even without any symptoms showing.
And now, in order to prevent this, here are some foods you must eat to help you manage it even without the medication:
- Leafy green vegetables – lettuce, kale, spinach, and among others have potassium that helps lower it
- Berries – Blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries – they have flavanoids which prevents and lower the said condition
- Oatmeal – this is a high-fiber, low-fat, and low-sodium food fit to low blood pressure
- Bananas – adding bananas to your oatmeal is an addition potassium which is accordingly better than taking in some supplements
- Fish – Salmon, mackerel, and other fishes with omega-3 fatty acids can lower this, reduce inflammation, and lower triglycerides levels and they are also a great source of lean protein
- Dark chocolate – this has a lesser sugar content than the regular ones
- Olive oil – this is healthy fat that has polyphenols, a compound which fights inflammation to reduce blood pressure as per Health Line article
Meanwhile, other ways to control your blood pressure without the medication is to lose extra pounds, regular exercise, healthy diet, reducing sodium, quit smoking, cutting back caffeine, reduce and manage stress, and among others.
- CALORIE COUNT – How Much Calories Do These Common Foods Have?
- KETO DIET: Benefits and Good Effects Of Ketogenic Diet
What can you say about this? Let us know!