Warning signs of low potassium level.
Here are some warning signs from doctors Willie Ong and Liza Ong you shouldn’t neglect to determine if you have low potassium level or not.
One of the most important minerals for the body is potassium for it helps the body regulate fluid, send nerve signals, and regulate muscle contractions. Once it gets inside the body, it functions as an electrolyte. And to survive, everyone needs potassium.
However, too much or too little of everything is bad. Too much potassium is also called Hyperkalemia while being too low is called Hypokalemia.
With this, here are some symptoms of Potassium deficiency or Hypokalemia:
- Weakness and Fatigue. These are often the initial signs of Hypokalemia.
- Muscle Cramps and Spasms. These are sudden and uncontrolled contraction of the muscles because of potassium deficiency which cause brain to give signals not as effectively.
- Heart Palpitations. This is a sudden beating and skipping of the heart.
- Muscle Aches and Stiffness. This could be a sign of a severe low level of potassium.
What are the foods to eat that you must know to prevent hypokalemia and rich in protein source?
- Bananas (and other fruits such as oranges, cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, grapefruit)
- Spinach (and other dark green vegetables)
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Beans
- Baked Potatoes
- Dried Apricot (and other dried fruits such as peaches, prunes, figs, and raisins)
- Acorn Squash
- White Mushrooms
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Milk and Yogurt (best if low-fat or fat-free)
- Fishes (such as Tuna, Halibut, Cod, Trout, and Rockfish)
- Beans (such as Lima beans, Pinto beans, Kidney beans, Soybeans, Lentils)
Watch the video below:
- LIVER HEALTH – Warning Signs & Symptoms Of Liver Problem You Must Not Ignore
- DRY SKIN – What To Do If You’re Suffering Dry Skin Due Cold Season?
What can you say about this? Let us know!