What are the liver cirrhosis causes and its symptoms?
LIVER CIRRHOSIS CAUSES – Here are some of the causes and symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver along other details about this condition.
Cirrhosis of the liver is a liver disease complication which involves loss of liver cells and irreversible or late stage of scarring of the liver or also called as fibrosis. These scars replacing the healthy tissues stop the liver from functioning normally.
This is a slow developing disease where the scarring blocks the the flow of blood and affects the function of the liver to process nutrients, hormones, drugs, and natural toxins
Symptoms of this condition accordingly don’t show unless liver damage is extensive. Check out some of the symptoms:
- Easily bleeding or bruising
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in your legs, feet or ankles or edema
- Weight loss
- Itchy skin
- Yellow discoloration in the skin and eyes or jaundice
- Fluid accumulation in your abdomen or ascites
- Spiderlike blood vessels on your skin
- Redness in the palms of the hands
- For women, absent or loss of periods not related to menopause
- For men, loss of sex drive, breast enlargement (gynecomastia) or testicular atrophy
- Confusion, drowsiness and slurred speech (hepatic encephalopathy)
To develop this dangerous condition has several risk factor including drinking too much alcohol, being overweight, and having viral hepatitis which is one of the world’s leading causes of liver disease.
Here are some of the causes as per article from Mayo Clinic:
- alcohol abuse
- hepatitis B, C and D
- Cystic fibrosis
- Wilson’s disease
- biliary atresia
- Alagille syndrome
- galactosemia or glycogen storage disease
- autoimmune hepatitis
- primary biliary cirrhosis, and among others
- Doc Willie Ong and his List Of Anti-Cancer Foods You Must Know
- Mental Health – These Things Accordingly Harm Your Mental Health
What can you say about this? Let us know!