Guide on Lemon Tea Benefits for the Human Body
LEMON TEA BENEFITS – Have you been advised to add lemon tea to your diet and you are now curious as to what it can give the body?
Nowadays, more and more people are in the pursuit to stay healthy most especially amid the rampant threats of different diseases now. It is several folds easier to be unhealthy and to develop unwanted health concerns than to stay fit and healthy. Are you one of those who are eager to do anything for the latter?
A healthy diet is one of the keys to staying healthy. Most people who are in the pursuit to stay healthy make sure that their diet includes fruits, vegetables, and herbal teas. The two (2) in the series are more common than the last one mentioned.
There are a lot of herbal teas that you can turn to but, truth be told that some of them are more accessible than others. One of those that you can easily find or make is lemon tea.
There are several lemon tea benefits for the human body. Based on an article on Web MD, here is a list of some of the things it can do for the human body:
- Powerhouse of nutrients and vitamins. This tea is a good source of Vitamin C, folate, potassium, lutein, and phosphorus.
- Contains citric acid. It also contains citric acid which is a natural diuretic acid that can reduce water retention, lower the chances of developing kidney stones, and promote urinary tract health.
- Boosts the body’s immunity. Filled with Vitamin C, lemon tea is also an excellent booster of the body’s immune system.
- Lowers blood pressure. Also one of the lemon tea benefits is its ability to control high blood pressure, reduce stress, and strengthen the cardiovascular system with its flavonoids.
- Lowers risk of diabetes. Based on the article, the lemon tea contains hesperidin which has the ability to lower the blood sugar level.
- Helps prevent cancer. Rich in antioxidants, lemons help prevent cell damage that can lead to chronic diseases like cancer.
You may also visit – LEMON WATER – Can Drinking Lemon Water Help Ease Arthritis?