Doc Liza Ong Gives Guide on How To Read the Results of Laboratory Test
LABORATORY TEST – Doctor Liza Ong gave a guide on how to read the results of lab tests like the Complete Blood Count (CBC).
Usually, doctors would require patients to under a laboratory test to determine what he or she is possibly suffering from. The results can help the medical expert in giving correct diagnosis to the patient aside from the symptoms shown by the disease.
When it comes to lab tests, one of the most common is the Complete Blood Count or more popularly called as the CBC. It is usually administered to patients who are showing signs of dengue fever.
Through a video, Doc Liza Ong cited some information on how to read a laboratory test results. She first focused on the results of the CBC lab test. Here are the meaning of the factors cited on the results:
- Red Blood Cells (RBC) – these are the cells that bring oxygen
- Hemoglobin – this refers to the protein in the RBC
- Hematocrit (HCT) – this refers to the RBC versus the plasma count. According to Doc Liza, a low HCT count means lack of iron while high count of it indicates possibility of dehydration.
- White Blood Cells (WBC) – these cells help fight infection
- Neutrophil – a drop in this factor will most likely lead to infection
- Eosinophils and Monocytes – these increases when there is allergy
- Platelets (PLT) – platelets help the body form clots to prevent bleeding
Another laboratory test is the urinalysis. Usually, it costs Php 80.00. This lab test helps monitor the functions of the organ. According to Doc Liza Ong, it checks the following:
- PH Level
- SP Gravity
- Bile Pigment (a result of kidney problem)
- Microscopic Examination
- Protein Albumin (possible cause of kidney problem)
Doc Liza also discussed some details regarding the pregnancy test – a highly-trusted test performed to determine if a woman is pregnant. According to the doctor, this test detects the Human Chronic Gonadotropin (hCG) which increases when an egg has fertilized.
In the video, the doctor stressed that the best time to perform this test is in the morning, right after you wake up. Two red lines as a result signify that you are pregnant while having only one red line means you are not.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may expressed your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.