List of Home Remedies for Ear Pain while Waiting for Medical Treatment to be Available
HOME REMEDIES FOR EAR PAIN – It is an edge to know what you can do in case an earache happens especially in the middle of the night.
Every day, there are a lot of possibilities that may take place most especially with regard to your body. There may be unexpected instances when your stomach suddenly hurts, you tripped on a stone leading to a swelling foot, your ears suddenly hurt in the middle of the night, etc. Thus, it is important to know some home remedies for certain conditions.
In this article, let us talk about home remedies for ear pain. While it may be tolerable for adults, when it happens to a kid in the middle of the night, the child may not patiently wait for medical treatments to be available the next morning.
There are several home remedies for ear pain while waiting for medical treatments to be available. Based on an article on Medical News Today, here is a list of what you may consider:
- Over-the-counter medications. To temporarily relieve the pain, you may take some pain relievers.
- Heating pad or hot pack. The heat from the hot pack or heating pad can ease the pain if it causes inflammation. For best results, the hot pad must cover the neck and the throat as well. Do it for 20 minutes.
- Cold compress. Based on the article, you may also prefer a cold compress to ease the pain. However, the cold should not hurt and the application must not go beyond 20 minutes.
- Massage. If the pain radiates from the jaw or teeth or results in headache, you may gently massage the ear area in a downward motion. Apply pressure starting behind the ears down the neck.
- Garlic. It has the capacity to relieve pain. You can eat a clove of garlic or use herbal garlic ear drops.
- Onion. Just like garlic, onion can also help relieve pain. Heat an onion in a microwave oven for 1-2 minutes, strain the liquid, and apply it as ear drops. After it, lie down for 10 minutes and then allow the liquid to flow out.
You may also visit – Signs of High Blood Sugar in People without Diabetes