Here are some health tips about the eyes and what it indicates about your health.
HEALTH TIPS – These are the signs and symptoms your eyes can display which can tell something about the state of your health.
The pair of eyes we have played a significant role in giving us the sight and vision to see the surroundings and the things around us. For most of us, a night of good sleep and rest is already enough to restore our good vision but aside from displaying to us what’s around, the eyes can also display signs that actually say something about our health.
These signs and symptoms through the eyes may help prevent serious damages and an immediate seek of medical attention can eventually save your life.
Check out what to look after to:
- A sudden blurry vision indicates a problem in the blood flow to your eyes or brain. Despite your clear vision restoring immediately, it may still be a sign of a stroke or a migraine. It could also be a warning sign of diabetes.
- The bug eyes or the bulging eyes which is a symptom of Grave’s disease a.k.a overactive thyroid which may lead to not only this but also double vision or loss of vision. It may also cause diarrhea, weight loss, and hand tremors.
- The gray ring around the cornea is called the corneal arcus and is a sign of high cholesterol and triglycerides. It also indicates an increased risk of heart attack and stroke. If older, it might be nothing serious but if this appears under 40, it’s considered dangerous.
- The Myasthenia gravis has drooping of eyelids as one of the symptoms. This is an autoimmune disease that is characterized by weakness of muscles. It mostly affects the eye, face, and throat muscles resulting in difficulty to chew, swallow, or even speak.
- Yellowing of eyes that comes with yellowing of the skin is jaundice and this condition is due to liver problems. If you only have yellow spots, it may just be because of sun damage.
- Twitching is usually harmless as a sign of alcohol, fatigue, caffeine, not enough sleep, stress, or smoking. But in rare cases, it could be a sign of a nervous system problem.
- Night blindness is nothing dangerous but could be a sign of vitamin A deficiency. Sweet potatoes, beef liver, spinach, carrots, and pumpkins are just some of the foods rich in Vitamin A as per the WebMD post.
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors: What is this condition?
- Hangover Remedies: Best Cures To Treat Your Hangover
What can you say about this? Let us know!