List of Guyabano Benefits for the Human Body
GUYABANO BENEFITS – Is Guyabano or graviola one of your favorite fruits or you are thinking to make it part of your diet?
Undeniably, the COVID-19 pandemic has called the people to strive more in staying healthy and keeping the immune system up. Many have became health conscious.
To stay healthy, among the basic keys are eating right, sleeping right, and making exercise a part of your routine. It is important to fill your plate with what is needed by the body.
Among those that deserve spots are fruits and vegetables. However, not all fruit benefits are known – like the guyabano benefits.
Also called as graviola or soursop, the guyabano is the fruit of the Annona muricata evergreen tree. Based on an article on Medical News Today, it is native to areas in the South and Central America.
There are several guyabano benefits for the human body. Based on an article on Medical News Today, here is a list of some of what it can do:
- Destroy free radicals – The antioxidants that guyabano carries helps fight the free radicals which are the cause of several diseases in the body. It contains tannins, saponins, phytosterols, flavonoids, and anthraquinones.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – A 2014 study found that guyabano has the anti-inflammatory properties that may help ease pain. A 2010 study found that it can block pain receptors.
- Reduces blood sugar level – A 2008 rodent study showed that guyabano can help lower the body’s blood sugar level by reducing blood glucose.
- Prevents ulcer – A 2014 study found that graviola got properties that help prevent ulcer or painful sore that can develop in esophagus, stomach lining, or small intestine.
- Reduces risk of cancer – Based on the article, evidences that guyabano help fight cancer were found and it got content that is toxic against specific type of cancers. It also increased T cells which are lymphocytes that kill the cancer cells.