The face can show effects of stress and here are some indications.
EFFECTS OF STRESS – These are the signs and indications of stress that are visible and can be seen in the face.
The challenge, problems, conflict, bothersome situations, and among other things can cause stress as this is your body’s response to it. Anything that stresses you does not only affects your mood but also affects your health and such effects are not good. May it be major or minor, it is important to seek help and you must pay attention to it.
Long-term stress can harm you but there are ways in managing it. Stress causes increased blood pressure, sweating, and alertness which may improve a person’s ability to respond to a potentially dangerous situation. This could mean also that not all type of stress is bad.
And sometimes, stress can also make its way to your face, and here are some visible effects it can cause:
- Acne – this is because your body produces more cortisol. This causes production of corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH) leading to oil production which may eventually cause acne.
- Eyebags – the round circles under your eyes is due to lack of sleep.
- Rashes – this can be triggered by stress and other conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and contact dermatitis.
- Wrinkles – this is due to loss of elasticity. Protein changes in the skin is the result of stress, hence, loss of elasticity.
- Gray hair and hair loss – this is because of the disappearance of melanocytes as per Healthline.
Apart from these physical signs, constant worry or anxiety, difficulty concentrating, mood swings or mood changes, irritability, low self-esteem, eating more or less than usual, changes in sleeping habits and many others are also signs of stress.
- Tips For Long Life: Science-Backed Habits That Lengthen Life
- Does Stretching Burn Calories? Here Are Some Facts About This
What can you say about this? Let us know!