What To Do If You’re Suffering Dry Skin Due Cold Season?
DRY SKIN – Doctors Liza Ong and Willie Ong shares some tips and advice on what to do if you are suffering dry and dull skin due to cold season.
Christmas is just around the corner and when this celebration comes, we can all expect a colder and winter-like season. The temperature is starting to get cold and many people probably love this type and the chilling vibe it gives.
There are several causes why some people suffer dry skin, and as such some are: weather, heat, hot baths and shower, harsh soaps and detergents, and other skin conditions. Symptoms also include feeling of skin tightness, especially after showering, bathing or swimming, rough looking and feeling skin, itching, slight to severe flaking or scaling, cracks, deep crack causing bleeding, and redness.
Here’s what you need to do to recover your skin from drying according to the said doctors:
- Moisturizer for the face and lotion for the whole body to avoid wrinkles and creases due to coldness. And when applying lotion, don’t apply downwards as it might sag the skin down.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Apply moisturizer and lotion after bath or washing the face while the skin is a bit wet for better absorption.
- Apply twice if needed to prevent dryness and itchiness.
Meanwhile, here are some other tips to prevent skin from drying according to Health Line:
- avoid using hot water to bathe or shower
- shorter shower time
- use a moisturizing soap
- pat when drying wet skin with towel instead of rubbing
- stop scrubbing dry skin patches
- use humidifier at home
Watch the video below:
- GOUT DIET – Foods Which Gout Patients Should Eat & Avoid
- FLU TREATMENT – Doc Willie Ong On Tips To Cure Flu & Fever
What can you say about this? Let us know!