Guide on Drinks for Acid Reflux or GERD
DRINKS FOR ACID REFLUX – Here is a list of the drinks that are healthy for acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Undeniably, one of the health conditions that many people are suffering is acid reflux or GERD. It has a lot of triggers with unhealthy diet and lifestyle as the main.
You may experience acidity from not eating on time, from eating too much, from taking acidic foods like citrus fruits, from having no exercise, from sleeping with a full stomach, and a lot more.
If you have GERD, it is really quite a challenge to prevent triggering acid reflux. Meanwhile, there are foods and drinks for acid reflux.
Based on an article on HealthLine, here is a list of drinks for acid reflux:
- Tea – Herbal teas boosts healthy digestion and helps ease stomach problems like nausea and gas. You can try caffeine-free teas but do not take peppermint tea and spearmint.
- Low Fat Milk or Skim Milk – You can take a cow’s milk that is low-fat. Milk that are high in fat can worsen acid reflux while low-fat milk may help relax the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Plant-based Milk – Based on the article, this kind of milk is best for those who are lactose intolerant or those whose acid reflux is triggered by dairy. You can choose among the soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, and coconut milk.
- Fruit Juice – Some healthy juice like carrot juice, aloe vera juice, cabbage juice, and juice made from beet, spinach, cucumber, pear, or watermelon are also great choices. However, avoid apple and pineapple juice as they can trigger GERD.
- Water – It is widely known that water is the safest drink for acid reflux. Meanwhile, have it in moderate amounts as an imbalance in the mineral in the body may also cause acid reflux.
You may also visit – Foods that Trigger Acid Reflux? Here’s What You Probably Don’t Know