Anti-Cancer foods according to Doc Willie Ong, a public health expert.
DOC WILLIE ONG – Internist, surgeon, and a public health expert Doc Willie Ong has shared a list of foods tagged under as anti-cancer.
Your choices of foods absolutely has drastic effects to many aspects of your health including risk of developing serious diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Meanwhile, cancer in particular, is heavily influenced by your diet. With this, here are some foods that has beneficial compounds to lower risk of having cancer.
Here are some anti-cancer foods according to Doc Willie Ong:
- Green Tea – it has catechins which slows down tumor growth
- Foods with curry – studies show that this has good effects to people who are undergoing chemotherapy
- Ginger – it’s gingerols has a lot of benefits and prevents cancer
- Cabbages – such as bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprout have sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinols which helps prevent cancer
- Garlic – it has allyl sulfides which prevents cancer in colon, breast, lung, and prostate
- Onion – this prevents growth of cancer cells
- Yellow and red veggies and fruits – beta-carotene, vitamin A, and lycopene which prevents cancer
- Tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce – accordingly, eating 150 ml of tomato sauce every week helps prevent prostate cancer
- Taho and tokwa – these soy products has genistein which can help prevent breast cancer
- Shitake mushrooms – it contains polysaccharides and lentinian which helps strengthen the immune system
- Oily fish – they have omega-3 fatty acids that helps prevent to develop cancer
- Yoghurt and probiotics -it helps increase number of lactobacillus or good bacteria in the stomach which can help prevent colon cancer
- Strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries – it has ellagic acid and polyphenols that helps remove cancer cells in the body as per post
- Healthy Eating – Color Guide and Health Tips For Healthy Eating
- Stress Relief – Foods You Must Eat In Order To Reduce Stress and Anxiety
What can you say about this? Let us know!