CAUSES OF IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION – Aside from pregnancy, there are several factors that can cause delayed monthly periods on women.
A lot of women have irregular menstruation or their monthly period does not come every month and on specific weeks. It can be an indication of pregnancy but there are also other factors that can result to it and that is what we will discuss in this article.
Irregular Menstruation: Reasons Behind Delayed/Irregular Monthly Period
Here are the possible reasons behind your delayed or irregular menstruation.
IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION – Here are the possible reasons behind why you are experiencing delayed monthly period according to Doc Willie Ong.
Missed or late periods have a lot of reasons behind why such happens. However, common causes range from hormonal imbalances to serious medical conditions. Surely, a woman knows that a healthy menstrual cycle is due every 21 to 35 days. And if it doesn’t fall in between the mentioned duration, there could be underlying issues.
According to Doc Willie Ong, here are the possible reasons behind in this condition:
- Pregnancy – This is among the most common reason why a woman misses her period.
- Lump in uterus – Other condition associated to this include myoma, ovarian cyst, polyp, and among others which must be checked by a doctor.
- Stress – This really affects the overall health including the menstruation process. This is most especially if you are a night shift worker.
- Smoking – Truly at all sense, this is bad for the health.
- Nutritional deficiency – If you are not eating enough healthy foods, this also affects the blood circulation.
- Menopause – This is normal to woman aging 48 years old until 55. Menstruating gets delayed until it gradually stops.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) – This causes hormonal imbalance and must need medical attention.
Also, an overactive or underactive thyroid gland also causes delayed or skipped periods. It is best to see a doctor for proper medication, diagnosis, and treatment. Other instances which you must immediately see a doctor is when you are heavily bleeding, severe pain, bleeding longer than seven days, and among other alarming situations.
See the post below:
- Acanthosis Nigricans: What You Need To Know About This Condition
- Painful Urination – Tips To Prevent This According To Doc Willie Ong
What can you say about this? Let us know!