Home remedies for arthritis pain.
ARTHRITIS PAIN – Doctors Willie Ong and Gary Sy discussed the best home remedies and what to do if you are suffering from an arthritis pain.
According to Doctor Gary Sy, arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints to which this condition typically worsen as one ages. He discussed three kinds of arthritis: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gouty arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis – This is the most common type to older people and also the most common form of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – This is the type that usually affects the hands and feet first which is an autoimmune disease – long-term, progressive, and disabling.
- Gouty Arthritis – This is the type that causes inflammation which is caused by deposition of needle-like crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Here are some home remedies you must know to reduce pain from arthritis:
- Rest. This is a basic knowledge that once you initially feel the pain, you must stop moving. If your knee is in pain, don’t force it to walk and take a rest for 1-2 days.
- Cold Compress. While resting, you can apply cold compress to the affected area within the first 24 hours.
- Hot Compress. If the pain persists and takes for more than 24 hours, use warm compress. You can add some salt if you want.
- Medications. Although pain reliever is not advisable, consult your doctor for the right medication or tablet to drink depending on the intensity of the pain.
- Foods. If its gouty arthritis, be mindful of what you eat and drink a lot of water. In cases of osteoarthritis, doctors suggests for elders to use their cane. And if it is a rheumatoid, consult a doctor.
Watch the video below:
- LOW POTASSIUM – Warning Signs That You Have Low Potassium Level
- LIVER HEALTH – Warning Signs & Symptoms Of Liver Problem You Must Not Ignore
What can you say about this? Let us know!