Guide on the Tomato Benefits for the Human Body
TOMATO BENEFITS – Here is a guide on what you may yet to know about the benefits that tomatoes can bring the body.
There are a lot of food that most people eat daily but many are not aware about what they can bring the body. Most of these food are the fruits and vegetables that are usual part of the ingredients in cooking certain dishes.
In cooking, among the most common ingredients are garlic, tomato, onion, and ginger. These are the so-called “must-haves” of every kitchen.
Let us talk about the tomatoes. Not everyone likes the taste of tomatoes but this fruit is known for being healthy.
There are several tomato benefits for the human body. Based on an article on Medical News Today, here is a guide on some of the benefits of this fruit:
- Lowers risk of cancer. Tomatoes contain antioxidants and Vitamin C which can help fight the free radicals in the body. These free radicals cause cancer.
- Helps keep the heart healthy. This fruit contains choline, fiber, Vitamin C, and potassium which are essential in keeping the heart healthy.
- Promotes healthy eyes. Tomatoes also contain antioxidants that are necessary for keeping the eyes healthy. These include lutein, lycopene, and beta-carotene.
- Promotes healthy skin. Eating tomatoes can help keep the skin healthy as it is loaded with Vitamin C. Based on the article, the said vitamin is important for the production of collagen which is for healthy skin, eyes, connective tissues, and nails.
- Supports normal bowel movement. Tomatoes contain fiber and water which can help ease dehydration, constipation, and as well as achieve a normal bowel movement.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.