Guide on Tamarind Benefits for the Body
TAMARIND BENEFITS – Here is a guide on what the health advantages of eating tamarind, a sour fruit.
There are a lot of fruits that are popular to the public but a huge part of the populace does not like eating them. In most cases, it is because of their taste.
One of the fruits that many people cannot take is tamarind. This fruit of a leguminous tree that is mainly grown in Africa bears a sour taste – in fact, very sour taste!
Meanwhile, behind its sour taste are excellent benefits that await. This fruit is loaded with nutrients and can help reduce the risk of several health conditions.
Based on an article on Meditative Mind, here is a list of some of the tamarind benefits for the human body:
- Powerhouse of nutrients. The tamarind fruit contains calcium, iron, potassium, niacin, phosphorus, dietary fiber, magnesium, and Vitamins A and C.
- Helps prevent or relieve inflammation. The fruit and as well as the leaves of tamarind can help ward off possibilities of inflammation. You may a tamarind juice to your diet.
- Helps ease constipation and diarrhea. Also one of the tamarind benefits is its ability to treat constipation and diarrhea. It is because of its dietary fiber content.
- Improves cardiovascular health. Based on the article, the tamarind fruit is rich in flavonoids and polyphenols, these two (2) are excellent in controlling the levels of the bad and good cholesterol in the body.
- Slows down the aging process. The antioxidants present in the tamarind are the reasons why it can slow down the aging process of the body.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may expressed your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.