Here are some things to know if you decided to stop eating meat and what can possibly happen.
STOP EATING MEAT – These are the things that can possibly take place if you decided to drop meats from your meals and diet.
Meat is the flesh of animals that humans consume as food. It is actually essential in many diets as it is a great source of protein and other important nutrients. This staple is commonly consumed as steak, chops, ribs, or roast, or in the ground form.
There are three types of meat – red meat (beef, pork, lamb, and others), white meat (chicken, turkey, duck, goose, and other), and the processed meat (hotdogs, sausage, bacon, luncheon meats, jerky, and others).
Check out below on what can happen if you go meatless diet:
- Less inflammation which is caused by the various kinds of processed meats. Apart from that, processed meats have lots of sodium. Both the processed and red meats have high saturated fat contents increasing the development of other health conditions.
- Dropping meat and going to all-plant diet can improve your gut health.
- Meat is a source of protein and iron which may result to loss of energy. However, meat is not the only source of iron and protein. Green, leafy veggies like spinach, iron-rich cereal, bread, and pasta have iron while eggs, beans, peas, lentils, nuts, seeds, and soy products also contains quality protein. (SEE: Non-Meat Foods Which Have Complete Proteins)
- You can possibly take a few more trips to the bathroom. Plant-based meals is high in fiber which makes tools softer.
- Dropping the red and processed can likely decrease the chance of having a type 2 diabetes. It might also result in lower cholesterol levels.
- The healthy alternatives for meat are much cheaper, thus, you can save up some bucks.
- Dropping meat may make you miss out on getting some nutrients that are solely just found in meats like vitamin B12, iron, calcium, and vitamins A, B, and D. Talk to an expert about the supplements you will need to take to fill the lack of these nutrients once you go meatless.
- A diet that consists only of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains without the meat may make you lose weight as per a post from WebMD.
- When Not To Drink Water: Situations That Requires Not Drinking Of Water
- High Blood Pressure: Worst Foods If You Have This Condition
What can you say about this? Let us know!