These are the various types of shellfish and their benefits to health.
SHELLFISH – Here are some things to know about shellfish including its different types, its health benefits, and many more.
Most people are literally seafood lovers. They can eat anything from the ocean especially crabs, lobsters, shrimp, prawns, oysters, scallops, abalones, and many others. And among them is the shellfish.
Shellfish is not literally referring to a kind of fish but rather a category to determine the spineless invertebrate types of animals that live in the water. This category of sea creature actually has two main types: crustaceans and mollusks.
Check out the data obtained to know the contents of some of the famous kinds of seafood:
|Shrimp||72||17 grams||0.43 grams|
|Crayfish||65||14 grams||0.81 grams|
|Crab||74||15 grams||0.92 grams|
|Lobster||64||14 grams||0.64 grams|
|Clams||73||12 grams||0.82 grams|
|Scallops||59||10 grams||0.42 grams|
|Oysters||69||8 grams||2 grams|
|Mussels||73||10 grams||1.9 grams|
Among the good things about eating them is that their fat is mostly in the form of omega-3 fatty acids and as much as we all know, omega-3 fatty acids are well known for their benefits to heart health.
Here are some other benefits according to the Healthline article:
- may aid weight loss because they are low in calories but high in lean protein and healthy fats
- they are good for the heart because apart from the omega-3 fatty acids, they also have vitamins B-12 and the foods good for the heart are also good for the brain
- it is loaded with zinc, an immune-boosting nutrient
- Symptoms Of High Cholesterol – Does High Cholesterol Have Signs?
- Protein Function – What Do Proteins Do To Our Body?
What can you say about this? Let us know!