Here are some of the things you should know before making a protein shake and some ingredients ideas.
PROTEIN SHAKE – This is how you make a protein shake and some ideas over ingredients you would like to be included in your healthy drink.
As previously discussed, a protein shake is a healthy beverage where muscle gain, weight loss, and injury recovery can benefit. Also, it can boost metabolism, lose belly fat, and many other good health reasons.
Essentially, this shake is a blended drink just like a smoothie packed with high amounts of protein. Oftentimes, bananas are added in most of it not just because it adds a sweetness and that thick and creamy texture but also because of the added nutrients it has like potassium.
Here’s how you make one:
- For base, fruit or ice. You may have 1 cup of ice or 1 cup of frozen fruit.
- Next is your protein sources likea serving of protein powder with a teaspoon of chia or flax seed and a tablespoon of nut butter.
- For sweetener, you can put choose an all-natural sweetener such as maple syrup or honey.
- For the liquid, don’t be over generous as it might give your drink the runny texture instead of having the yummy thick taste. Use liquids such as water, orange juice, almond milk, or others.
Check out below your protein sources as per Fit Foodie Finds blog:
- Chia Seed (1 tablespoon) – 2g protein
- Flax Seeds (1 tablespoon) – 2g protein
- Hemp Seeds (1 tablespoon) – 3g protein
- Pepitas (1 tablespoon) – 3g protein
- Guava (1 cup) – 4g protein
- Avocado (1 medium avocado) – 4g protein
- Kiwi (1 cup) – 2g protein
- Blackberries (1 cup) – 2g protein
- Spinach (1 cup) – 5g protein
- Kale (1 cup) – 3g protein
- Sweet Potato (1/2 cup, mashed) – 2.5g protein
- Cauliflower (1 cup) – 2g protein
- Greek Yogurt (1/2 cup 2%) – 11g protein
- Cottage Cheese (1/2 cup 2%) – 10g protein
- Beans (1/4 cup lima beans) – 4g protein
- Health Benefits Of Crying – How Can Crying Affect Your Health
- Tips For Vegetarians – Important Tips To Eat Healthier For Beginners
What can you say about this?