Here are some protein foods you must know which are not meat.
PROTEIN FOODS – These are the foods that are non-meat but loaded with high-quality proteins that you can include in your diet.
Typically, when someone mentions protein, what pop up in one’s mind is meat as it is reflexively known as being the best source of this nutrient. However, beyond the meat, there are actually other foods out there, including plants, that also have high quality proteins.
Protein is important for cell repair and in making new ones. It is also important for growth and development in children, teens, and pregnant women. It is also essential in metabolic reactions, immune response, form blood cells, provides a source of energy, and more.
Now, here are some of your best options that also have complete protein aside from meat:
- Quinoa has our grams of complete protein in each of half a cup. Aside from that, this food is also a good source of fiber and gluten-free.
- Eggs, not just the white part has protein, but also the yolk. The yellow part also has lutein, an antioxidant.
- Soy is considerably a high-protein food.
- Pistachios, the roasted ones, have essential amino acids. An ounce has about six grams of protein and three grams of fiber.
- Dairy also has a high amount of protein in it and according to an analysis, the quality is higher than that of beef.
- Buckwheat has complete protein and a gluten-free whole grain. This can be added to green salads and baked with buckwheat flour.
- Fish is considered to be a great source of lean, high-quality protein. As per an article from WebMD, a four-ounce tilapia or salmon fillet packs has over 20 grams of protein.
- Blood Types: What Does It Say About Your Health?
- Weight Loss: Morning Habits That Help Promote Weight Loss
What can you say about this? Let us know!