What are the potato benefits? How beneficial is it for the body?
POTATO BENEFITS – Here are the health and nutritional benefits of eating potatoes that you probably don’t know yet.
This humble and relatively cheap to grow root crop called potato is actually rich in nutrients. It can be cooked in various ways and can make a delicious treat.
The best and the healthiest way to cook it is through baking or microwaving. This cooking method causes the least amount of nutrient loss while next to this is steaming. What makes them very healthy is because they are filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Here are some other ways it can benefit human health:
- Without the butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits, potatoes are lower in calories compared to pasta and rice.
- The resistant starch it has can turn into short-chain fatty acids which aids the body to keep the gut healthy. It helps prevent obesity, colon cancer, and diabetes.
- It has protein and protein, as much as many are aware, helps build and repair tissue like muscle.
- Potatoes can help you feel full longer and satisfy your hunger which will likely make you eat less.
- It has potassium which beneficial for the heart, muscles, nerves, and many more.
- Potatoes have phytonutrients. This chemical protects the cells.
- The magnesium it has, according to some studies, prevents migraine headaches, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes as per a post from WebMD.
There was also some evidence about potato’s benefits in reducing inflammation and constipation. A medium-size can have 164 calories with 30 percent of the recommended daily B6 intake.
- Oral Health – Habits That Can Harm and Destroy Your Teeth
- Health Conditions That May Affect and Change Your Personality
What can you say about this? Let us know!