Here are some of the things you might want to know about passion fruit! Check it out below!
PASSION FRUIT – The nutritious and delicious passion fruit is a tropical fruit and here are some of the things you might want to know about this.
The Passiflora edulis or the passion fruit is a fruit that has a tough outer rind but is seeded and juicy on the inside. The common types are the colors purple (Passiflora edulis) which is round or oval in shape and yellow (Passiflora flavicarpa) which is also in the same shape but a little bigger compared to the purple ones.
According to FoodData Central, a single fruit in purple has the following:
- Calories: 17
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 9% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin A: 8% of the DV
- Iron: 2% of the DV
- Potassium: 2% of the DV
Apart from that, it is also rich in carotenoids and polyphenols. And a study has found that this fruit contains more polyphenols than other fruits like banana, lychee, mango, papaya, and pineapple
According to a blog from American Indian Health and Diet Project, the fruit originated from subtropical South America. The Nutritional Composition and Antioxidant Properties of Fruits and Vegetables also stated that folk medicine in South America includes this to treat anxiety, insomnia, asthma, bronchitis, and urinary infection.
How to eat this fruit?
Slice open to eat the juicy flesh and seeds. The flesh, seeds, and juice are the edible parts.
Here are the other ways to eat it:
- Squeeze out the juice which you may add to your cocktails or mix with your water for an added flavor.
- As a topping or flavoring for your cakes and other desserts.
- This may add crunchiness and sweet flavor to your salads.
- You may mix this with your yogurt for a delicious snack.
- Urologist – What Is A Urologist, What Does A Urologist Do
- Dextrose – What Is Dextrose, What Is Dextrose Used For
What can you say about this? Let us know!