Guide on Milkfish Benefits for the Human Body
MILKFISH BENEFITS – Here’s a list of the surprising health benefits that you can get from eating “bangus”.
In the Philippines, the most popular fish is bangus, the national fish of the country. In English, this fish which appeared 800 years ago in the country is called “milkfish”.
Milkfish or bangus also reached Indonesia and Taiwan among other countries. It is also a favorite of many people abroad. It is one of the best-tasting fish but the set back is that it has a lot of bones.
The Milkfish is also called as chanos chanos. It is the only living specie in the family Chanidae. It lives in salt water and has the ability to thrive amid low salinity water.
Milkfish can grow up to 1.8 meters in length and 14.0 in weight. It can live an average of 15 years.
There are a lot of milkfish benefits for the body. Here are some of the benefits you can get from eating bangus:
- Helps boost memory – Milkfish contains omega 3 which is excellent in boosting the brain’s development and memory in children. The said content of the fish is also ideal in preventing heart disease, controlling cholesterol level, and nourishing the eyes.
- Powerhouse of protein – Milkfish contains a lot of protein that can help lower the risk of coronary heart disease and increase the endurance of a person.
- Helps lower cholesterol level – Based on Dr Health Benefits, milkfish contains a huge amount of unsaturated fats which can help lower the bad cholesterol level in the body and balance it with the good cholesterol.
- Lowers risk of high blood pressure – Do you have hypertension? The best way to eat bangus to reduce your blood pressure level is have it boiled and not fried.
- Good source of calcium – Milkfish contains calcium that helps strengthen the body and bones, maintain the teeth, add height, and lower the risk of osteoporosis.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.