Here’s a list of low calorie foods that are best if you wanted to lose weight.
LOW CALORIE FOODS – These are the foods that are healthy but low in calories and surprisingly filling at the same time!
Towards a healthy lifestyle, one of the key factors you must be conscious of are the foods you eat. Your food choices matters along with being physically active – these two go hand in hand which your physical and mental health will thank you for.
Being healthy is more than a diet – it’s a lifestyle. Apart from healthy foods, adults should have at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise each week. Vices like smoking and drinking must also be dropped.
And with all these processed foods available in the market now disguised in “no sugar” or “low sodium” labels, how can you pick the right one, most especially if you are trying to lose weight?
In choosing the right foods for you, here are some tips:
- Choose whole grains. Whole grain bread or whole wheat flour are low in fat and high in fiber.
- You can never go wrong with fruits and vegetables. They contain the necessary fiber, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs.
- Pick low-fat, lean cuts of meat.
- Choose skim or non-dairy milk, like soy, rice, or almond milk.
Here are some low-calorie choices:
- Apples have 62 calories and almost 3 grams of dietary fiber in one cup
- Asparagus has 38 calories and is rich in Vitamin K and folate
- 170 grams of cooked beets have 74 calories
- Broccoli has only 54 calories and over 100% of the amount of vitamin C in one cup
- Cabbage of 89 grams only has 22 calories
- one cup of celeries has 17 calories
- Whole-grain bread, including wheat, rye, and pumpernickel instead of croissants, rolls, biscuits, white bread, doughnuts, pastries, and others
- Brown or wild rice instead of white rice
- Fresh, raw, steamed, boiled, or baked fruits and vegetables instead of fried or served with cream cheese or sugary sauces
- Get proteins from poultry, fish, and non-meat sources such as beans, peas, and lentils
- Soy, rice, almond, or cashew milk, skim milk, low-fat buttermilk, low-fat, nonfat, or Greek yogurt instead of the whole and regular ones
- Height In Cm – Converting Height To Centimeters, Meters, and Inches
- Spirulina Benefits – What Are Spirulina and What Are Its Benefits?
What can you say about this? Let us know!