List of “Tanglad” or Lemongrass Benefits for the Human Body
LEMONGRASS BENEFITS – Here is a list of the different positive health effects of lemongrass or also known as “tanglad” to the body.
There are a lot of food including vegetables and spices that are usually used in cooking but not everyone knows about their effects to the body. One way to secure your health is to check on what comes in to your body.
Let us take for example the lemongrass, it is a perennial grass that is also called “tanglad”. This grass is usually used in cooking certain dishes most especially in making viands with soup and in roasting.
Undeniably, the lemongrass benefits are not so known to the people despite the prominence of this grass. Do you also usually put lemongrass or “tanglad” to your food?
It is best to know what the lemongrass or “tanglad” can do to the body. Based on an article on Thailand Medical News, here is a list of some of its effects on the body:
- Lowers risk of cancer. Studies found that lemongrass reduces the risk of cancer because of the presence of citral in it. It is a chemical compound that helps warn of the disease.
- Eases stomach problems. Also one of the lemongrass benefits is its capacity to ease stomach disorders because of its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system. The Vitamin C content of the lemongrass is the reason why it can help boost your respiratory system. Based on the article, it can clear nasal blockages and treat flu.
- Reduces headache. Lemongrass can help relieve discomfort caused by a headache or migraine as it has analgesic properties. It also contains phytonutrients that boost blood circulation.
- Beneficial for people with Type-2 Diabetes. Studies found that the citral compound present in lemongrass can help boost the glucose tolerance of the body and maintain the insulin levels.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may expressed your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.