These healthy foods are rich in antioxidants!
HEALTHY FOODS – Here is the list of must-eat healthy foods rich in antioxidants that you don’t yet.
Antioxidants are compounds that fight free radicals in the body. High free radicals levels is being linked to multiple illnesses, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Antioxidants are found in foods such as in fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based, whole foods.
However, free radicals also have an important role. It is being used by the immune cells to fight infections. Thus, you need to maintain a balance between free radicals and antioxidants.
And here are some of the healthy foods that you must eat because they are rich in these specific antioxidants:
- allium sulphur compounds – leeks, onions, and garlic
- anthocyanins – eggplant, grapes, and berries
- beta-carotene – pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, and parsley
- catechins – red wine and tea
- copper – seafood, lean meat, milk, and nuts
- cryptoxanthins – red capsicum, pumpkin, and mangoes
- flavonoids – tea, green tea, citrus fruits, red wine, onion, and apples
- indoles – cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower
- isoflavonoids – soybeans, tofu, lentils, peas, and milk
- lignans – sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, and vegetables
- lutein – green, leafy vegetables like spinach, and corn
- lycopene – tomatoes, pink grapefruit, and watermelon
- manganese – seafood, lean meat, milk, and nuts
- polyphenols – thyme and oregano
- selenium – seafood, offal, lean meat, and whole grains
- vitamin A – liver, sweet potatoes, carrots, milk, and egg yolks
- vitamin C – oranges, blackcurrants, kiwifruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, capsicum, and strawberries
- vitamin E – vegetable oils (such as wheatgerm oil), avocados, nuts, seeds, and whole grains
- zinc – seafood, lean meat, milk and nuts
- zoochemicals – red meat, offal and fish as per Better Health article
- How To Lower Blood Pressure Without Taking Medication?
- CALORIE COUNT – How Much Calories Do These Common Foods Have?
What can you say about this? Let us know!