HEALTH BENEFITS OF CELERY – What are the different benefits of celery to the body and its various uses?
Celery is a famous food often eaten as a snack or an addition to soup. But behind these various ways are the significant health benefits it can actually bring to the body.
Celery Benefits – Uses and Health Benefits Of Celery
What are the celery benefits to health and what are its different uses?
CELERY BENEFITS – This is a low-calorie vegetable and here are the various ways to consume this to improve health.
Apium graveolens or celery is among the vegetables with high water content and its hydrating benefits are associated with many health benefits. Celery has antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
It can help improve health by fighting against health conditions such as cancer, inflammation, and cardiovascular diseases. It also helps boost digestion. Since it is generally low in calories, it is one of the best options to have as a snack if you are trying to lose weight.
This vegetable is a part of the Umbelliferae family making it closely related to carrots and parsnips.
According to a post from BBC Good Food, 80 grams of raw celery contains:
- 6 kcals / 24 kJ
- 0.4g protein
- 0.2g fat
- 0.7g carbohydrate
- 1.2g fiber
- 256mg potassium
And the other health benefits include:
- supporting heart health because of the vitamins and minerals it has
- improve digestive function as it has both soluble and insoluble fiber
- because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can prevent conditions such as arthritis
- it can help manage blood glucose levels due to its low glycemic index and high fiber content
These are the various and healthy ways of including this in your diet:
- as a snack: dip it in hummus; with peanut butter and raisins; stalks with pimiento cheese
- mix in tuna salad
- stir-fried with red chilis
- add in chicken noodle soup
- blend into a smoothie along with other ingredients like spinach, banana, and apple
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe – Complete Guide and Ingredients
- What Is A Migraine – Signs, Symptoms, & Treatment For Migraine
What can you say about this? Let us know!