FOOD GOOD FOR LUNGS – Here is a list of the types of foods that you must not forget to eat for healthy lungs.
Aside from a healthy environment wherein you breathe fresh air, foods can also help keep your lungs healthy and excellently functioning. These are foods that are within reach and not too pricey.
Healthy Lungs: Anti-Inflammatory Foods For The Lungs
For healthy lungs, here are some anti-inflammatory foods to prevent complications.
HEALTHY LUNGS – Here are some healthy and anti-inflammatory foods you must eat in order for you to have a healthy lungs.
The lungs, as much as we are all aware of, has the following functions:
- take oxygen from the environment in and transfer it to your bloodstream
- helps regulate acidity in the body
- the diaphragm, intercostal muscles (between the ribs), muscles of the abdomen, and sometimes even muscles in the neck all help the lungs to make us breathe properly
Now, here are the best foods to eat in order to have a healthy lungs:
- Green Tea: It has antioxidants which is beneficial to the body, prevents swelling in the lungs, and protects the tissue that helps block damages from smoke
- Orange Fruits and Vegetables: Squash, orange, and papaya are just some of the types that has antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Fishes: As such are sardines, tamban, tuna, and salmon which has omega-3 fatty acids that fights off bacteria and prevents swelling in the lungs.
- Beans: This type of food is also good for the heart for it has zinc, selenium, and manganese as per post from Doc Willie Ong.
- Peanuts: It has Vitamin E which helps strengthen and boost the immune system.
- Water: At all sense, water is among the key to have a general healthy state because of its capacity to cleanse and detoxify.
- Apples: It lowers risk of asthma and lung cancer because of high concentration of antioxidants in it such as flavonoids and Vitamin C.
- Tomato and Tomato Products: It has lycopene, a carotenoid antioxidant, that can help improve the lung function.
- Olive Oil: It helps protect the organ from respiratory conditions like asthma.
- Weight Loss: Is Jogging or Running In Place Helpful To Lose Weight?
- Olive Oil versus Vegetable Oil: Which Is Better and Healthier?
What can you say about this? Let us know!