How does coffee make you fat? Will it sabotage your weight loss?
DOES COFFEE MAKE YOU FAT – Should you cut back on caffeine if you are trying to lose weight? Here’s what you probably don’t know yet.
In a previous post, it is said that the safe amount of coffee to consume in a day is four or five cups. Cleveland Clinic’s Heart and Vascular Institute Chief Academic Officer Dr. Steve Nissen said that going over four cups is too much the body requires.
According to the type of your coffee, these are the benefits you can get:
- Cappuccino – reduces bad cholesterol and heart problems and decreases the chance of stroke by 20 percent.
- Espresso – helps improve mood and energy
- Latte – helps improve skin, decreased the risk of cardiovascular disorders, and aids weight loss
- Mocha Frappe – keeps the liver healthy, maintains bone density, and relieves muscle pain
- Green Bean Coffee – aids weight loss, lowers blood pressure, manages cholesterol levels, improves blood circulation, and fights cell damage.
Now, if you are trying to lose weight, will coffee sabotage this?
The answer is this depends on what type of coffee you prefer drinking. A plain cup of brewed coffee has less than 5 calories and has no fat. However, if you add other things like sweeteners, its composition changes and there will be added extra calories.
Check out below:
- Sugar – 16 calories for every 4 grams
- Heavy whipping cream – 101 calories for 2 tablespoons
- Fat-free milk – 10 calories for 2 tablespoons
These coffee additionals and pairings like pastries are fattening. Starbucks coffee, for example. A grande of Caramel Frappuccino has 420 calories and more than 16.5 teaspoons of sugar. With these contents, it surely is loaded with calories, sugar, and fat which may lead to weight.
Another way it can affect your weight is that it may interfere with your sleeping pattern if consumed at the wrong time of the day.
According to a post from Healthline, here are some tips to enjoy your coffee without this beverage sabotaging your weight:
- Add cinnamon.
- Use unsweetened liquids like almond milk, coconut milk, or half-and-half.
- Add no-calorie sweeteners like stevia.
- Put some vanilla extract.
- Pour some melted high quality dark chocolate.
What can you say about this? Let us know!