CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE – Here’s a simple guide and tips for making a healthy and refreshing cucumber salad.
There is definitely an easy and quick recipe to make a cucumber salad. All you need is fresh cucumber and a few common ingredients which are easily available in your pantry. It is known as Pipino Salad in the Philippines and this is how you do it!
Cucumber Salad – Simple Guide To Follow In Making This Salad
Delicious meets healthy in cucumber salad and this is how you can make this.
CUCUMBER SALAD – Eating cucumber raw is healthy but to spice things up, you can make a cucumber salad and here’s a simple guide.
A food staple when it comes to losing weight is cucumber. Each slice is refreshing and apart from eating it raw and fresh, it can be added to water with some squeeze of lemon and mint.
These are the nutrients of this fruit:
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 62% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Manganese: 12% of the RDI
Aside from weight loss, it is also good for the skin. Cucumber is actually found in many skincare products. In a previous post, its benefits include reducing puffiness and swelling, preventing pimple breakouts, and anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties to fight against inflammation and irritation.
And one famous way to consume this fruit is by making a salad out of it. The ingredients and ways to make this is pretty simple.
First, prepare the ingredients:
- 2 pieces cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece red onion sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Instructions based on a post from Panlasang Pinoy:
- Clean the cucumber and pat it until dry. Make thin slices in a crosswise manner. You may peel it or not according to your personal preference.
- Mix salt, ground black pepper, sugar, ginger, and vinegar altogether and mix them well.
- Combine with your thin-sliced cucumber. Scatter some slice onions and refrigerate.
- After two hours, serve and enjoy.
Accordingly, a serving of 3 grams of this has the following:
- Calories: 36kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 778mg
- Potassium: 80mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin A: 2IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (Guide and List Of Ingredients)
- Sanfilippo Syndrome a.k.a Lysosomal Storage Disease (LSD)
What can you say about this? Let us know!