Guide on Chia Seeds Benefits for the Body
CHIA SEEDS BENEFITS – Here is a guide on the health advantages that chia seeds can bring the body.
Undeniably, there are a lot of healthy food for the body but not all of them are known to the people. Truths be told that most of us do not have enough time to check on what is healthy for the body and what is not until we can feel that there’s something wrong.
Are you one of those people who want to take baby steps now in keeping your body healthy? We can start by checking on the benefits of certain food to know if we can have them or not.
In this article, let us talk about the chia seeds, the black seeds which are seeds of Salvia hispanica plant from the mint family. It is native to central and southern Mexico.
There are several chia seeds benefits for the body. These are among the unknown things which might change your mind and convince you to include these seeds in your health plan.
Based on an article on Healthline, here is a list of some of the chia seeds benefits for the body:
- It is a powerhouse of nutrients. The chia seeds contain calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, protein, and fiber.
- Helps detoxify the body. Chia seeds contain a lot of antioxidants that can help prevent cell molecule damage which contributes to aging and cancer development.
- Lowers risk of heart disease. Based on the article, one of the chia seeds benefits is its ability to reduce the risk of heart disease as it contains fiber, omega-3s, and protein.
- Promotes bone health. Chia seeds contain several nutrients including phosphorus, calcium, protein, and magnesium that can help achieve healthy bones.
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels. Studies found that chia seeds may be beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes as it may reduce the spike in the blood sugar level after a meal with a lot of carbohydrates.
Thank you for visiting Healthtips.ph. You may express your reactions or thoughts through the comment section below. You may also visit the link below for further information about health.