Here are some of the benefits of cabbage and the reasons why it is good for the health.
BENEFITS OF CABBAGE – Nutritionists reveal some of the most impressive benefits of cabbage that you probably don’t know yet.
Cabbages are often overlooked but what some don’t know, this vegetable has impressive nutrient content, one of the main reasons why it must be included in our meals. The cabbage may look like lettuce because they belong to the same vegetable family along with broccoli, cauliflower, and kale.
It comes in various shapes and colors, that included red, purple, white, and green. In terms of appearance, its leaves may seem to appear either crinkled or smooth. Among its known benefits is that it can help protect against radiation, prevent cancer, and reduce heart disease risk. This is why this particular veggie deserves a space on your plate.
Check out the other benefits of this according to nutritionists:
- Packed in Vitamin C – this vitamin is not only present in citrus fruits but also in cabbage. It helps absorb iron from plant-based foods, boosts collagen, and improves immune system.
- Fiber – surely, everyone know what fiber does and cabbage is a rich source of this. Fiber can ease constipation, balance blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, and improve digestive health.
- Vitamin K – this is essential to improve bone health. Lack of vitamin K, which rarely happens to most people, can lead to reduced bone strength, osteoporosis, and bruising and bleeding problems.
- Low calorie – if you’ve been trying to lose weight, this is one of many foods that are healthy and contain only few calories.
- Anti-inflammatory – the anti-inflammatory benefits we can get from this can help reduce risk of heart disease.
- Anti-cancer – cabbage has glucosinolates. This causes the bitter taste but when prepared, chewed, and digested, the certain compounds it becomes were found out to help fight cancer as per an article from Health.com.
- Symptoms Of Kidney Failure – Signs That You May Have This Disease
- Signs Of Diabetes On Skin – Symptoms That Are Visible On Skin
What can you say about this? Let us know!