What is a weight loss plateau and what can you do to fix it?
WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAU – Here’s the reason why the weight loss plateau happens and some of the things you can do to solve this problem.
There will be times where you already see the progress of your hard work to lose weight but suddenly, your body stalled for no apparent reason. We all know the feeling of satisfaction when the needle of the scale goes down but when it stops, it starts to be confusing.
This is called the weight loss plateau and this happens to runners, athletes, and dieters. You just stop losing weight despite following a strict diet and fitness regimen. Accordingly, this can happen in around six months of doing a low-calorie diet.
Although this is quite discouraging because you see no result from your sacrifices, you shouldn’t stop. Reassess your situation and habits and know that there are actually some tips on how to overcome this if you want to lose more weight.
Check out below:
- Try a low-carb diet, this is effective in losing weight.
- Gradually rev up your exercise routine intensity.
- Keep a journal of what you eat. Through this, you can track your food consumption and make some needed adjustments in youer diet.
- Don’t cut back protein, this helps improve your metabolic rate.
- Cortisol may have an effect on your goal. Learn to manage your stress.
- Do intermittent fasting. IF can help you consume fewer calories because this is done by not eating in a given period of time.
- Alcohol can sabotage your goal. Avoid this.
- Eat foods with fiber because they can keep you full for a long time which results to fewer calorie intake.
- Drop the sweet drinks and opt for black coffee, tea, and most especially, water. Drink a plenty amount of water.
- Get enough sleep. This is very important not just for your physical health but also for your emotional and mental health.
- Always include vegetables and fruits in your meal as per an article from Healthline.
- Lose Weight Without Exercise: Is This Possible To Happen?
- Weight Loss: Health Benefits Of Losing The Extra Weight
What can you say about this? Let us know!