These are the different components of skill-related fitness and a brief discussion of each component.
SKILL-RELATED COMPONENT – There are six different components under skill-related fitness and here’s a further understanding of each.
Understanding physical fitness means understanding its two categories: the HRF or health-related fitness and the SRF or skill-related fitness. And SRF refers to one’s abilities in doing sports activities.
And to determine this ability, there are six components under it.
Check them out below:
The ability of a person to move quickly in different directions with efficiency. Players of basketball, football, and rugby are incredibly agile.
This is the ability of a particular body part to move quickly. Sports like swimming, cycling, soccer, and basketball all require speed. Also, in playing golf, the speed of your arms and upper body is vital.
This is the combination of speed and strength. Olympic weightlifters, football players, and gymnasts are the athletes that need power.
People in sports like gymnastics, yogis, skates, and surfing are people with impressive balance. This is your body’s ability to remain still or stationary, moving or not. This is also highly associated with agility because, in order to quickly and efficiently move in different directions, you must have a refined balance.
Many sports require coordination or one’s ability to use his or her body parts and senses altogether to move and respond precisely. Doing sports like badminton, golf, soccer, basketball, football, racquetball, archery, softball, ultimate Frisbee, and more require absolute coordination.
- Reaction time
This is how fast your brain would react or respond to certain stimuli and in most sports, this is essential.
Meanwhile, a certain study published has sought definitions of three terms “physical activity,” “exercise,” and “physical fitness” which are most of the time misunderstood by many people. These words may fall under the same context but accordingly, they are different – they have different concepts.
- “Physical activity is defined as any bodily movement produced by skeletal muscles that results in energy expenditure.”
- “Exercise is a subset of physical activity that is planned, structured, and repetitive and has as a final or an intermediate objective the improvement or maintenance of physical fitness.”
- “Physical fitness is a set of attributes that are either health- or skill-related. The degree to which people have these attributes can be measured with specific tests.”
- Anger Issues – Warning Signs Of Anger Issue, How To Control This
- Pityriasis Alba – Causes and Symptoms Of This Skin Disorder
What can you say about this? Let us know!