What are the different pilates benefits and what to know before doing this?
PILATES BENEFITS – Here are some of the things you might want to know before doing pilates and how it can benefit your body.
To help improve flexibility, strength, muscle tone, and ease a few aches and pains, one popular solution is to do pilates. This is a form of exercise and body conditioning developed by Joseph Pilates in the 20th century.
This method is mostly done by dancers to help their recovery after having an injury. What dominates in doing pilates is concentration on each movement, use of the abdomen and low back muscles, and those flowing precise movement with steady and controlled breathing. This is done with a reformer or mat or blanket. You can also have a trainer to supervise you.
Here are some of the things to know about this:
- It focuses more on toning the muscles rather than building one.
- The main focus is your core but your arms and legs may gain strength as well.
- This is not a cardio workout but it will improve your flexibility and muscle strength.
- This is low impact.
- Pilates is not made for outdoors. You can do this at your home or in the gym.
- For equipment, what you may need is a reformer or a mat.
According to an article from the Better Health channel, the benefits of doing pilates include:
- strengthening and stabilizing your core body
- improved flexibility
- better posture
- prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- for the relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- deep breathing that may improve lung capacity and circulation
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- helps manage stress
- aids relaxation
- Causes Of Peeling Skin – What Causes Skin To Peel
- Gallbladder Function – What You Need To Know About Its Purpose
What can you say about this? Let us know!